Long acknowledged as a powerhouse in international licensing of formats and sales of TV series, SFE continues to make major inroads in the world marketplace through strategic alliances with such established production entities as Columbia/Sony (Latin America, Asia), Starling Productions (France), Einstein (Italy), Primetime Television (Spain), Skyline (Germany) and VID (Russia).
Damaso Santana, SFE's Executive Vice President and Director of Worldwide Sales, was previously Vice President of Sales for Televisa International and General Manager of Visat, Televisa's five cable channels and satellite division. Sandy Frank Entertainment is now poised and further enhanced to implement representation of cable and satellite channels targeting Latin America and the world with his many personal contacts with cable operators and broadcasters globally. Sandy Frank Entertainment (SFE) is the longest established, most successful independent U.S. domestic and international distributor and producer of syndicated format programming. Currently celebrating its 40th anniversary, the company has successfully launched and marketed every single program or series it undertook to distribute -- a track record unequalled in the television industry.
Over the last two decades, SFE produced and syndicated domestically and foreign such innovative series as:
- YOU ASKED FOR IT, 300 half-hours, produced and sold for U.S.A and worldwide distribution. This reality series fulfills viewer requests for incredible human-interest stories from around the world. In 2000 Frank teamed with Bruce Nash Productions, on the production and sale of THE YOU ASKED FOR IT series to the NBC TV Network for Sundays from 8-9PM
- NAME THAT TUNE and FACE THE MUSIC, both daily half-hour music game strips for the 7:30-8PM prime access time period for syndication domestically and internationally. SFE produced and sold the TUNE format very successfully to broadcasters internationally, including the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Poland, Russia, and even Vietnam.
- THE OTHER SIDE, the NBC TV Network daily one-hour show dealing with psychic phenomena and the paranormal, in co-production with Four Point Entertainment.
- BATTLE OF THE PLANETS, an animated strip based on one of the most successful series from Japan. SFE acquired the series in 1978 and reversioned the episodes with new scripts, voiceovers, music and effects, animation, etc., at a cost of $5 million (today's cost would be many times more). It went on to earn more than $25 million in gross sales in over 75 countries, and was considered the forerunner for the entire Japanese anime action-adventure genre.
- THE JUDGE, the precursor to the successful "Judge Judy? and all of the court room drama series. It ran for eight seasons in the US, as a Mon thru Fri strip, a co-production with Genesis Productions.
- LIE DETECTOR, with world-famous attorney to the stars, F. Lee Bailey, a co-production with Columbia Pictures for U.S. as a Monday through Friday program as well as for foreign distribution.
- SADAT, a four-hour "Operation Prime Time" miniseries, produced in association with Columbia Pictures Television, starring Academy Award-winner Louis Gossett, Jr. Gossett was nominated for a 1984 Golden Globe Award for his performance as the slain Egyptian leader.